of July 27, 2001 No. 440-XV
About free enterprise zones
The Parliament adopts this organic law.
(1) the Free enterprise zone (further - free zone) is the part of customs area of the Republic of Moldova which is economically isolated, strictly delimited on perimeter on which types of business activity according to the law are resolved domestic and foreign investors on favorable terms.
(2) the Territory of free zone shall be separated other territory of the country by reliable barrier. Protection of border of free zone on all perimeter is provided with specialized security companies of the Republic of Moldova on the basis of the agreements signed between them and Administration of free zone. For physical persons and vehicles the gating system of crossing of border of free zone which procedure for functioning is established by the order of the Government is effective.
(3) Free zones are created for the purpose of acceleration of social and economic development of the separate territories and the country in general by means of:
a) attraction of domestic and foreign investments;
b) implementations of the modern equipment and technologies;
c) developments of export-oriented productions;
d) uses of the advanced know-how and management;
e) creations of workplaces.
(4) the preferential modes stimulating business activity are provided to Free zones for ensuring realization of the objects set for them. Change of the mode and procedure of business activity in free zone is possible only by introduction of amendments to this law.
(5) the Free zone can consist of several subzones. The modes and procedure of business activity and management are identical in all subzones.
For the purpose of this law the following concepts are used in value:
subzone - territorially isolated part of free zone;
permission to implementation of certain type of activity - the written permission for implementation of the type of activity permitted in free zone and provided in the contract between Administration and resident issued by Administration of free zone to resident of this zone for certain period;
development of infrastructure of free zone - construction and repair of buildings and constructions, construction of roads, installation of the equipment and the organization water - electro-and gas supply, laying of telecommunication networks and the organization of telephone communication and other similar works (services) in the territory of free zone which the Administration of free zone determines as the creating favorable conditions for functioning and development of free zone;
fixed assets - factory buildings and constructions, storage facilities, the parcels of land, engineering constructions, the equipment, including office, and machines, except passenger vehicles, used in the course of implementation of business activity in free zone.
foreign trade activity - wholesale trade by the goods imported into free zone from the territory of the Republic of Moldova or because of limits of customs area of the Republic of Moldova and exported; electronic trading by foreign goods in the foreign markets, and also provision of different services in these markets;
the goods imported in non-commercial purposes - the goods imported by residents of free zone on the territory of this zone, intended for final consumption and not used in production process, conversions, warehousings or sales;
the domestic goods imported into free zone which are not intended for business activity – goods, not held for sale or direct use in technological production process;
industrial production of goods – production in the course of which raw materials and semifinished products turn into end product with use of industrial equipment.
(1) in the territory of free zone are effective:
a) the international agreements which party is the Republic of Moldova;
b) legislation of the Republic of Moldova;
c) regulations of the Government;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.