Convention on the international motor transportations of passengers and baggage
of October 9, 1997
The State Parties of this Convention on behalf of the governments which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
proceeding from need of coordinated actions for the sphere of the international motor transportations of passengers and baggage,
agreed as follows:
1. This Convention extends to carriers of the Parties which are carrying out transportation of passengers and baggage in the international message by buses irrespective of the country of their registration, and has for them binding force, and also on transportations of passengers and their baggage by buses when in the transportation agreement it is specified that at least two Parties and the point of departure or destination are transported on the territories is in the territory of one of the Parties.
2. The convention regulates conditions and rules of transportations, responsibility of carriers, procedure for presentation of claims and claims.
3. The terms used in the Convention have the following values:
a) "passenger" - physical person which in agreement performance of transportation, concluded from his name or him, is transported for a fee or freely by carrier;
b) "carrier" - the legal entity or physical person performing international carriages of passengers and baggage and registered as the subject of business activity according to the legislation of the state of the location;
c) "bus" - the car intended for transportation of passengers and baggage, having at least 7 places for sitting apart from driver's seat;
d) "ticket" - the document certifying right to use by the passenger by bus and confirming the conclusion of the transportation agreement between carrier and the passenger;
e) "baggage" - the freight packed for departure by transport, transported separately from the passenger;
e) "luggage receipt" - the document confirming acceptance of baggage for transportation.
1. The general terms of the international motor transportations of passengers and baggage including the organization of transportations and receipt of the right to their implementation, procedure for insurance, boundary, customs sanitary and other types of control, are regulated by the following documents:
multilateral conventions and agreements;
bilateral intergovernmental agreements about the international automobile communication;
national legal system of the Parties.
2. The form of the ticket, luggage receipt and form affirms the state competent authorities in the field of road transport of carrier and is recognized the state competent authorities in the field of transport of other states on which territory it is transported.
The state competent authorities in the field of road transport will develop the single forms of the ticket, luggage receipt and form approved by the state competent authorities in the field of transport of the states on which territory it is transported.
Transportations of passengers and baggage in the international message can be carried out by carriers who are persons of law of the private, collective, state or mixed patterns of ownership, in the presence of the corresponding license granted in the state of registration of the bus.
The parties charge to competent authorities to prepare the draft document on mutual recognition of licenses.
The carrier in case of accomplishment of international carriages of passengers and baggage is guided by the legislation in the field of traffic, conservation of that state on which territory it is transported.
The procedure for the organization and control of international carriages of passengers and baggage is determined by the Rules of transportations of passengers and baggage road transport in the international message of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States (further - Rules of transportations of passengers) which are integral part of this Convention taking into account provisions of its Article 17.
Responsibility of carriers in case of international carriages, and also procedure for presentation of claims and claims are regulated by this Convention, bilateral agreements on the international automobile communication, and also the national legal system of the Parties.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.