of December 27, 2001 No. 764-XV
About the administrative-territorial device of the Republic of Moldova
The parliament adopts this organic law.
Art. 1. - The administrative-territorial device of the Republic of Moldova and establishment of the legal basis of the organization of its villages (communes), sectors, cities (municipiums) and administrative-territorial educations are performed according to articles 110 and 111 of the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova and are implemented in compliance with economic, social and cultural requirements, taking into account historical traditions, for the purpose of providing to all rural and city settlements of the adequate level of development.
Art. 2. - Division of the territory of the country into administrative and territorial units is intended to provide realization of the principles of local autonomy, decentralization of public services, selectivities of bodies of local public authority, ensuring access of citizens to authorities and carrying out consultations with them on the most important questions of local value.
Art. 3. - (1) Activities of the bodies of local public authority formed according to the law are performed in the territory of administrative and territorial units on the basis of budgets of administrative and territorial units.
(2) All administrative and territorial units have the status of the legal entity, have property, have the right to solve and manage according to the law on its own behalf and for the benefit of local population considerable part of public affairs. Administrative and territorial units in the set form territorial unity of the country, and bodies of the public power of administrative and territorial unit which are bodies of general and special power form system of local public authority which task is the satisfaction of general needs of inhabitants of administrative and territorial units.
Art. 4. - (1) the Territory of the Republic of Moldova in the administrative relation is subdivided into administrative and territorial units: areas, cities and villages.
(2) the Statute of the village (commune), sectors, the city (municipium) is drafted on the basis of the standard statute approved by Parliament and affirms local council, except for the statute of municipium of Chisinau and the statute of municipium of Belts which are regulated by the organic laws.
(3) the Special status of autonomy of settlements of left bank of Dniester and some settlements of the South of the country is established by the organic laws according to article 111 of the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova.
(4) the Administrative-territorial device of the Republic of Moldova is performed in two levels: villages (commune), sectors and the cities (municipium) constitute the first level, areas, municipiums of Chisinau and Belts constitute the second level.
Art. 5. – The village is the administrative and territorial unit uniting rural population on the basis of community of the territory, geographical conditions, commercial and welfare ties, traditions and customs where the most part of labor power is concentrated in agricultural industry, forestry, fishery, providing to inhabitants specific and viable conduct of life that will allow the village by means of policy of upgrade and further to keep the rural specifics.
Art. 5-1. – (1) the Commune is the administrative and territorial unit consisting of two or more villages, covering the rural population united by community of interests and traditions depending on economic, welfare, geographical and demographic conditions.
(2) the Village in which municipal council is located is the village residence.
(3) the Commune carries the name of the village residence.
Art. 6. - (1) the City is administrative and territorial unit where the majority of manpower is occupied with nonagricultural activities with the diversified level of equipment and the equipment, exerting significant social and economic effect on surrounding zone.
(2) According to the law some cities can be recognized as municipiums.
Art. 7. - The municipium is the settlement of city type which is playing special role in economic, welfare, scientific, political and administrative life of the country and having important industrial and trade structures, organizations of education, health care and culture.
Art. 8. – The status of municipium is provided to the cities of Chisinau, Belts, Bender, Kakhul, Chadyr-Lunga, Comrat, Edinets, Hynchesht, Orkhy, Forty, Streshen, Tiraspol, Ungen.
Art. 9. - The municipium of Chisinau is the capital of the Republic of Moldova. The status of municipium of Chisinau is established by the organic law.
Art. 10. - (1) the Area is the administrative and territorial unit including villages (commune) and the cities united by the territory, commercial and welfare ties.
(2) the City in which the regional council is located is the city residence.
(3) the Area carries the name of the city residence.
(4) Administrative borders of the area represent perimeter of the area of the settlements included in it which matches borders between settlements of this area and settlements of the neighboring area.
Art. 11. - (1) to Villages and the cities which on the climatic, balneological conditions and infrastructure are important for improvement and rest of the population the order of the Government provides the status of the resort.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.