(In edition of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic of 20.12.2016 No. 218 (see terms of entry into force))
Accepted by referendum (national vote) on June 27, 2010
We, people of Kyrgyzstan,
revering memory of the heroes who gave life for freedom of the people;
confirming commitment of the purpose of creation of the free and independent democratic state which supreme values are the person, his life, health, the rights and freedoms;
expressing deep-seated faith in the future of the country and strong will to develop and strengthen the Kyrgyz statehood, to preserve the state sovereignty and unity of the people, to develop its language and culture;
aiming to approve supremacy of law, and also to provide social justice, economic welfare and spiritual development of the people;
proceeding from precepts of our ancestors to live in peace, in harmony with the nature, we accept this Constitution.
1. The Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan) is the sovereign, democratic, constitutional, secular, unitary, social state.
2. The Kyrgyz Republic has completeness of the government in the territory, independently performs domestic and foreign policy.
1. The people of Kyrgyzstan are the carrier of sovereignty and the single source of the government in the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. The laws and other important issues of the state value can be submitted for referendum (national vote). The procedure for holding referendum and the list of the questions submitted for referendum are established by the constitutional law.
Elections of deputies of Jogorku Kenesh, the President, deputies of representative bodies of local self-government are carried out on the basis of general equal and direct suffrage in case of secret vote.
The citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who reached 18 years have to choose the right.
5. The state creates conditions for representation of various social groups determined by the law in state bodies and local government bodies, including at the level of decision making.
The government in the Kyrgyz Republic is based on the principles:
1) supremacy of the power of the people represented and provided in public elected by Jogorku Kenesh and the President;
3) openness and responsibility of state bodies, local government bodies to the people and implementation of the powers by them for the benefit of the people;
1. The political variety and multi-party system is recognized the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Political parties, labor unions and other public associations can be created by citizens on the basis of free declaration of will and community of interests for realization and protection of the rights and freedoms, satisfaction of political, economic, social, labor, cultural and other interests.
4. In the Kyrgyz Republic it is forbidden:
1) merge of the state, municipal and party institutes; education and activities of the party organizations in the public and local government offices and the organizations; implementation by the government and local government officers of party work, except as specified, when such work is carried out out of office activities;
2) membership of the military personnel, law enforcement officers and judges in political parties, their performances in support of any political party;
3) creation of political parties on religious, ethnic basis, prosecution by religious associations of political goals;
4) creation by associations of citizens of paramilitary forces;
5) activities of the political parties, public and religious associations, their representations and branches pursuing political goals which actions are directed to violent change of the constitutional system, undermining national security, incitement of social, racial, international, interethnic and religious strife.
1. The state and its bodies serve all society, but not its some part.
2. No part of the people, any consolidation, any individual has right to appropriate the power in the state. Usurpation of the government is especially serious crime.
4. State bodies, local government bodies and their officials bear responsibility for illegal actions according to the procedure, provided by the law.
1. The constitution has the highest legal force and direct action in the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. The international agreements which came in the procedure established by the law into force which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic and also the conventional principles and rules of international law are component of system of law of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The procedure and conditions of application of international treaties and the conventional principles and rules of international law are determined by the laws.
4. Official publication of the laws and other regulatory legal acts is the compulsory provision of their introduction in force.
5. The law or other regulatory legal act establishing new obligations or aggravating responsibility has no retroactive force.
1. In the Kyrgyz Republic no religion can be established as state or obligatory.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.