of July 28, 1998 No. ZR-239
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on May 5, 1998
1. The civil legislation of the Republic of Armenia consists of of this Code and other laws containing regulations of the civil law.
The regulations of the civil law containing in other laws shall correspond to this Code.
2. The civil legislation, and also the presidential decrees of the Republic of Armenia and the order of the Government of the Republic of Armenia containing regulations of the civil law (further - other legal acts), determine legal status of participants of civil circulation, the basis of origin and procedure of the property right and other property rights, exclusive rights on results of intellectual activities (intellectual property), regulate contractual and other commitments, and also other property and related personal non-property relations.
Participants regulated by the civil legislation and other legal acts of the relations are physical persons (further - citizens) and legal entities, and also the Republic of Armenia and communities (Article 128).
The rules established by the civil legislation and other legal acts are applied to the relations with participation of foreign citizens, persons without citizenship and foreign legal entities if other is not provided by the law.
3. The civil legislation and other legal acts govern the relations between persons performing business activity or with their participation.
4. Family, employment relationships, the relations on use of natural resources and environmental protection are regulated by the civil legislation and other legal acts if family, labor, land, nature protection and other special legislation does not provide other.
5. The relations connected with implementation and protection of inaliennable human rights and freedoms and other non-material benefits are regulated by the civil legislation and other legal acts if other does not follow from being of these relations.
6. To the property relations based on administrative or other imperious subordination of one party another including to the tax, financial and administrative relations, the civil legislation and other legal acts are not applied if other is not stipulated by the legislation.
The independent, performed on the risk activities of person pursuing as main objective generation of profit from use of property, sales of goods, performance of works or rendering services are entrepreneurial.
1. The civil legislation is based on the principles of equality, autonomy of will and property independence of participants of the relations regulated by it, security of property, freedoms of the agreement, inadmissibility of any intervention someone in private affairs, need of free implementation of the civil laws, ensuring recovery of the violated rights, their judicial protection.
2. Citizens and legal entities acquire and perform the civil laws the will and in the interest. They are free in establishment of the rights and obligations on the basis of the agreement and in determination of any terms of the contract which are not contradicting the legislation.
The civil laws can be limited only to the law if it is necessary for protection of the state and public security, public order, health and morality of society, protection of the rights and freedoms, honor and reputation of other persons.
3. Goods, services and financial resources freely move in all territory of the Republic of Armenia.
Restrictions of movement of goods and services can be entered according to the law if it is necessary for safety, protection of life and human health, conservation and cultural values.
2. On the basis and in pursuance of of this Code and other laws the President of the Republic of Armenia has the right to accept the decrees containing regulations of the civil law.
3. On the basis and in pursuance of of this Code and other laws, presidential decrees of the Republic of Armenia the Government of the Republic of Armenia has the right to accept the resolutions containing regulations of the civil law.
4. In case of contradiction of the presidential decree of the Republic of Armenia, the orders of the Government of the Republic of Armenia to this Code or other law this Code or the relevant law is applied.
5. Action and application of the regulations of the civil law containing in presidential decrees of the Republic of Armenia, the orders of the Government of the Republic of Armenia are determined by rules of this Chapter.
6. The ministries and other executive bodies, and also local government bodies can issue the acts containing regulations of the civil law only in cases and in the limits provided by this Code, other laws and legal acts.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.