of September 12, 2008
About the overview of trade policy of the Republic of Armenia
The economic council of the Commonwealth of Independent States solved:
1. Take into consideration the Overview of trade policy of the Republic of Armenia.
2. Send the specified Overview to the governments of the State Parties of the CIS for informing the interested ministries and departments.
3. Charge to Executive committee of the CIS to place in a month the specified Overview on the website of Executive committee of the CIS on the Internet.
Commonwealths of Independent States A. KOBYAKOV
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF COMMONWEALTH OF INDEPENDENT STATES
The overview of trade policy of the Republic of Armenia is constituted according to the Procedure for carrying out reviews of trade policy of the State Parties of the CIS approved by the Decision of Economic council of the Commonwealth of Independent States of March 15, 2002.
The overview is prepared by Executive committee of the CIS based on the national report provided by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Republic of Armenia, and information on the matter which is available for Executive committee of the CIS.
The purpose of reviews of trade policy is achievement by the State Parties of the CIS of transparency of trade policy, assistance to observance of the rules, regulations and obligations fixed in international treaties and documents concerning forming and effective functioning of the free trade area and also regular carrying out objective assessment of the main indicators of trade policy and practice of the State Parties of the CIS, their influence on development of mutual trade.
Trade policy of the Republic of Armenia is regulated by the modes set legislative and regulations, two - both multilateral interstate and intergovernmental agreements.
The purposes of trade policy of the Republic of Armenia are:
- liberalization of foreign trade, simplification of the mechanism of export and import, tariff and non-tariff regulation;
- protection of interests of producers, assistance to increase in export of local products;
- assistance to development of external commercial relations;
- assistance to purposeful actions for quality assurance of the imported products for the purpose of consumer protection;
- assistance to prevention of illegal promotion through customs border of drugs, weapon, objects of historical, ethnographic and cultural value, and also to being liable destruction of plants and animals.
Regulatory framework of trade policy of the Republic of Armenia:
- The presidential decree of the Republic of Armenia of April 1, 1992 "About foreign trade activity of the Republic of Armenia";
- The law of the Republic of Armenia of July 31, 1994 "About foreign investments";
- The law of the Republic of Armenia of May 14, 1997 "About the value added tax";
- The civil code of the Republic of Armenia of May 5, 1998;
- The anti-monopoly law of the Republic of Armenia of November 6, 2000;
- The law of the Republic of Armenia of April 18, 2001 "About protection of the domestic market";
- The law of the Republic of Armenia of June 26, 2001 "About consumer protection";
- orders of the Government of the Republic of Armenia and other regulations.
The Republic of Armenia finished negotiations on accession to WTO in November, 2002 and became the full-fledged member of this organization on February 5, 2003.
The trade and economic legislation of the Republic of Armenia is according to regulations and the principles of the WTO. For the purpose of ensuring qualitatively new level of economic integration and globalization the Government of the Republic of Armenia supports the liberalization principles fixed during negotiation round in Doha and within the WTO takes active part in the current negotiation processes.
Between Armenia and other members of this organization the most favored nation treatment in foreign trade is effective. From the countries which are not members of the WTO based on signed trade agreements the most favored nation treatment is applied with Vietnam, Iran, Lebanon and Syria.
In 2005 the decision of the Government of the Republic of Armenia created permanent mission and the permanent representative of the Republic of Armenia in the WTO is appointed.
Armenia takes active part in daily work of the secretariat of the WTO, and also in work of working groups on accession to the WTO of the main trading partners.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.