Interim agreement between the Government of the Republic of Belarus and Government of the Republic of Lithuania on mutual trips of citizens
of November 26, 2002
(as of December 20, 2007)
The government of the Republic of Belarus and the Government of the Republic of Lithuania which are hereinafter referred to as by the Parties
based on provisions of the Declaration on the principles of good-neighbourhood between the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Lithuania of October 24, 1991, the Contract on neighborliness and cooperation between the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Lithuania of February 6, 1995,
proceeding from desire of further development and deepening of friendship and cooperation between two states,
considering condition and prospects of economic, scientific and cultural ties between the Belarusian and Lithuanian people,
for the purpose of settlement of entrance, departure, temporary stay and following transit across the territory of the Republic of Belarus and territory of the Republic of Lithuania citizens of both states,
agreed as follows:
The terms applied in this Provisional agreement have the following value:
family members - the spouse, the spouse, children (including adopted/adopted);
close relatives are parents (including adoptive parents), brothers and sisters, the grandma, the grandfather, grandsons;
competent authorities - diplomatic representations and consular establishments of the Republic of Lithuania and the Republic of Belarus.
1. Citizens of the state of one Party drive, leave, temporarily stay and follow transit across the territory of the state of other Party according to visas and in the presence of the valid documents listed in Appendix 1 to this Provisional agreement, except as specified, provided by this Provisional agreement.
2. Movement of citizens of the states of the Parties is performed through international and (simplified) check points intended for local movement through frontier.
3. The procedure for entrance, departure, temporary stay and following by in transit of citizens is regulated by the legislation of each of the states of the Parties.
4. Competent authorities of the Republic of Belarus issue to citizens of the Republic of Lithuania the visas granting the right to be in the territory of the Republic of Belarus up to 90 days within 6 months from the first day of entrance (180 days within year). Competent authorities of the Republic of Lithuania issue to citizens of the Republic of Belarus visas with which they can arrive to the Republic of Lithuania and be in its territory up to 90 days within 6 months from the first day of entrance on the territory of member countries of the Convention on application of the Schengen Agreement of July 14, 1985 between the Governments of the states of Economic Union the Benelux countries, the Federal Republic of Germany and the French Republic about gradual cancellation of checks on general borders.
1. Citizens of the state of one Party in the time spent for the territory of the state of other Party shall observe the legislation of the state of stay.
2. The citizens of the states of the Parties who broke provisions of this Provisional agreement or the rule of stay in the territory of the states of the Parties bear responsibility according to the legislation of the state of the relevant Party to adequately committed violation.
1. Citizens of the state of one Party for receipt of a visa of the state of other Party shall show in competent authority of the state of other Party the invitation which is drawn up in accordance with the established procedure and received from legal entity or physical person of the host state, except as specified, provided by this Provisional agreement.
2. The competent authority of the state of one Party can demand from the citizen of the state of other Party, the person interested to receive the visa, the health insurance, documents proving purpose of visit and availability of means for accommodation, placement and return in addition.
1. The invitation for receipt of the single visa is not required:
a) to members of crews of the vehicles transporting freights or passengers upon presentation of the permission issued by relevant organ of the state of the Party of entrance or in the presence of permissions of the European Conference of Ministers of Transport for international carriages of freights (licenses EKMT);
b) to members of crews of the passenger buses going along the regular routes approved by relevant organs of the states of the Parties upon presentation of the documents confirming it;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.