The agreement between the governments of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization on cooperation in the field of ensuring the international information security
of June 16, 2009
The governments of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) which further are referred to as the Party
noting significant progress in development and implementation of the latest information and communication technologies and means creating global information space
expressing concern in the threats connected with opportunities of use of such technologies and means for the purpose of, not compatible to tasks of ensuring the international stability and safety, applicable both to civil and to military to spheres,
attaching importance to the international information security as one of crucial elements of system of the international security,
being convinced that further deepening of trust and development of interaction of the Parties in questions of ensuring the international information security is the imperative need and is equitable to their interests,
taking also into account important role of information security in providing the rights and fundamental freedoms of man and citizen,
considering recommendations of the General Assembly resolutions "Achievements in the Sphere of Informatization and Telecommunications in the context of the International Security",
aiming to limit threats of the international information security, to provide interests of information security of the Parties and to create the international information environment of which are characteristic the world, cooperation and harmony,
wishing to create legal and organizational basis of cooperation of the Parties in the field of ensuring the international information security,
agreed as follows:
For the purposes of interaction of the Parties within accomplishment of this agreement the List of the main terms and concepts of area of ensuring the international information security according to appendix 1 to this agreement which is its integral part will be used.
Contents of this list of terms and concepts can be supplemented, specified and be updated as required as agreed by the parties.
Realizing cooperation according to this agreement of the Party proceed from availability of the following main threats in the field of ensuring the international information security:
1. Development and use of information weapon, preparation and conducting information war.
2. Information terrorism.
3. Information crime.
4. Use of dominant position in information space to the detriment of interests and safety of other states.
5. Distribution of information doing harm to social and political and social and economic systems, the spiritual, moral and cultural circle of other states.
6. The threats to safe, stable functioning of global and national information infrastructures having natural and/or technogenic nature.
The approved understanding is given by the Parties of being of the listed main threats in the List of types of threats in the field of the international information security, their sources and signs, according to appendix 2 to this agreement which is its integral part.
Contents of this List can be supplemented, specified and be updated as required as agreed by the parties.
Taking into account the threats stated in Article 2 of this agreement, the Party, their authorized representatives, and also national competent authorities which are determined according to Article 5 of this agreement perform cooperation in the field of ensuring the international information security in the following main directions:
1. Determination, coordination and implementation of necessary joint efforts in the field of ensuring the international information security.
2. Creation of monitoring system and joint response to the threats arising in the field.
3. Development of joint efforts on development of rules of international law in the field of restriction of distribution and use of the information weapon creating threats of defense capability, homeland and public security.
4. Counteraction to threats of use of information and communication technologies in the terrorist purposes.
5. Counteraction of information crime.
6. Conducting examinations, researches and estimates, necessary for the purposes of this agreement, in the field of ensuring information security.
7. Assistance to ensuring safe, stable functioning and internationalization of management of the global Internet.
8. Ensuring information security of national crucial structures.
9. Development and implementation of the joint efforts of trust promoting ensuring the international information security.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.