The agreement between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the Government of the Russian Federation on movement of goods within cooperation in development of space and creation and operation space-rocket and rocketry
of February 11, 2001
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the Government of the Russian Federation which are hereinafter referred to as by the Parties
aiming to create favorable conditions for development of scientific and technical and production cooperation between the organizations and the companies of space-rocket and rocket industries of both countries for the benefit of cooperation in various areas of research and use of space and joint activities in the sphere of defensive and conversion programs,
in view of the Agreement between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the Russian Federation on cooperation in the field of creation and operation space-rocket and rocketry of February 8, 1995 (further - the Agreement of February 8, 1995),
in view of the Agreement between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the Russian Federation on cooperation in the field of research and use of space in the peace purposes of August 27, 1996 (further - the Agreement of August 27, 1996),
noting that the cooperation between Ukraine and the Russian Federation which is subject of the agreements stated above and other arrangements concluded in execution of their provisions assumes broad mutual exchange of goods,
wishing to promote the conclusion of mutually advantageous agreements and achievement of arrangements for the purpose of assistance to mutual exchange of goods in the field of development of space and creation and operation space-rocket and rocketry,
agreed as follows:
The cooperation within this agreement is performed according to the legislation of the states of the Parties, with observance of regulations and the principles of international law and without prejudice to accomplishment of obligations by the Parties according to other international treaties and arrangements which participants are their states.
For the purposes of this agreement:
the term "goods" means spacecrafts and carrier rockets, their elements, rocketry, the corresponding components and spare parts, and also any subject, natural or artificial substance or the material delivered or the made product necessary for start implementation, including the control and test equipment, technologies in the type of information and data fixed on material carriers which are necessary for their creation, production or application. This term designates also other information and data in any material form, including:
- computer software and databases;
- developmental and technical developments;
- know-how, including the manufacturing documentation and technical characteristics;
- data on research, experimental, developmental and engineering and design project developments;
the term "transit" means movement on the conditions provided by this agreement, goods from the territory of the state of one Party through the territory of the state of other Party for their subsequent import in the third countries or their movement from the territory of the third countries through the territory of the state of one Party on the territory of the state of other Party.
1. This agreement is signed with the providing purpose on the basis of reciprocity of favorable conditions on which movement of goods for the benefit of cooperation between the Russian Federation and Ukraine in research and use of space, creation and operation space-rocket and rocketry within the Agreement of February 8, 1995 and the Agreement of August 27, 1996, and also the agreements and arrangements concluded in execution of their provisions will be performed.
2. Goods, held for use within cooperation in the areas specified in Item 1 of this Article in case of their import and/or their export are not subject to taxation by duties and taxes which collection is within the competence of customs authorities of the Russian Federation and Ukraine except as specified, in relation to which other is provided in this agreement.
Priority scope of the privileges provided by this agreement are the joint activities performed within the budget programs and projects of the Russian Federation and Ukraine.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.