of July 9, 2008 No. 141
About the status of judges of the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 19, 2008
This constitutional Law determines the status of judges of the Kyrgyz Republic, guarantee of independence of judges, procedure for election, appointment of judges of the Kyrgyz Republic, their transfer (rotation), the dismissal, responsibility, measures of material and social security of activities of judges and other provisions connected with this status.
1. Judicial authority in the Kyrgyz Republic belongs only to courts on behalf of judges:
The Supreme Court of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Supreme Court);
The constitutional chamber of the Supreme Court of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Constitutional chamber of the Supreme Court);
local courts of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - local courts);
the specialized courts founded by the law.
2. Judges are persons allocated according to the procedure, provided by the Constitution and this constitutional Law, powers to perform justice and the fulfilling duties on professional basis.
3. Disrespect for court or judges attracts the responsibility established by the law.
1. The legislation on the status of judges consists of the Constitution, this constitutional Law, other laws and regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. The legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on public service, work, social, material and other security, national insurance extends to judges in the part which is not settled by this constitutional Law.
1. When implementing justice of the judge are guided by the following basic principles:
- justice implementation only court;
- implementation of justice it is free in the cases provided by the law;
- independence of courts and independence of judges;
- equality of all before the law and court;
- judicial responsibility;
- openness and publicity of trial of cases in all courts;
- obligation of court resolutions;
- participation of citizens in the administration of law according to the procedure determined by the law.
2. Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic have the right to free judicial protection in the cases provided by the law, and also anyway if they bring to court evidence that do not deal sufficient means for maintaining in court.
3. Courts perform judicial authority independently irrespective of whose that was wills, submitting only to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic and the law.
The judges, jury members participating in administration of law are independent and submit only to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic and the law.
In the Kyrgyz Republic the laws and other regulatory legal acts belittling independence of courts, independence of judges cannot be issued.
4. All are equal before the law and court.
Judges perform justice without prejudice, without giving preferences to any bodies, persons, the parties participating in process for signs of their state, social, sexual, racial, national, language or political affiliation, irrespective of their origin, property and official capacity, the residence, the birthplace, the relation to religion, beliefs, belonging to public associations, and is equal on others, not provided law, to the bases.
5. The court resolutions of courts of the Kyrgyz Republic which took legal effect, requirements and orders of the judge when implementing justice are obligatory for one and all public authorities, local government bodies, officials, physical persons and legal entities and are subject to strict execution.
Courts control execution of the court resolutions which took legal effect.
Information, documents and their copies necessary for justice implementation are obligatory to provision upon the demand of judges.
Non-execution of court resolutions, requirements and orders of judges attracts the responsibility provided by the law.
6. Trial of cases in all courts open, except for the cases which are subject to consideration in closed meeting in the cases provided by the law.
7. Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic have the right to participate in administration of law in the cases provided by the law.
8. Requirements to the citizens participating in administration of law as jury members are established by the law.
During participation in administration of law remuneration from the government budget according to the procedure, stipulated by the legislation the Kyrgyz Republic is paid to jury members.
1. The status of the judge is determined by increased requirements to its acquisition and the termination, establishment of high standards to the identity of the owner, qualification and behavior, strengthening of responsibility for improper execution of judicial powers, the material and social security and other guarantees corresponding to the high status.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.