of May 15, 2008 No. 101-XVI
About the Concept of the State automated information system "Elections"
(In edition of the Laws of the Republic of Moldova of 11.07.2012 No. 187, 11.04.2014 No. 61, 25.10.2018 No. 223)
The parliament adopts this ordinary law.
Art. 1. - Approve the Concept of the State automated information system "Elections" stated in the annex which is component of this law.
Art. 2. - Central Election Commission:
- develop, regulate and implement the State automated information system "Elections", perform functions of her holder and the user;
- take measures for attraction of financial resources of donors - the international organizations for the purpose of joint financing of process of development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections";
- perform in accordance with the established procedure substantive external audit of works on development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections".
Art. 3. - To the government:
- provide in accordance with the established procedure means to start financing since September 1, 2008 of works on development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections", and also for annual financing of the works connected with operation of the specified system;
- in coordination with Central Election Commission to establish stages and terms of performance of works on development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections";
- with the assistance of Central Election Commission to develop and provide to six-months time to Parliament drafts of the legal acts necessary for implementation of the State automated information system "Elections";
- promote allocation for Central Election Commission of the respective rooms with the specifications necessary for normal functioning and content of the State automated information system "Elections".
chairman of the parliament
With growth of level of informatization of society there are more various forms and methods of the organization and elections and referenda. Process of election of elected bodies of the public power, including by implementation of electronic methods in process of the organization and elections, eventually assists strengthening and civil unification of society in the democratic state.
Automation of all stages of the electoral process allows to reduce considerably share of manual work, to increase efficiency of control of legality and publicity of the electoral process.
Now accomplishment of such functions as creation of electoral registers, is already possible on the basis of the State register of the population. However in process of development in the Republic of Moldova of information system such functions will become unnecessary or will undergo essential changes because citizens of the Republic of Moldova in the long term will be able to vote on any polling precinct irrespective of its territorial arrangement, including on the polling precincts organized in diplomatic representations and consulates of the Republic of Moldova abroad or is direct through information portal of Central Election Commission without appearance on the polling precinct (taking into account specifics of local and parliamentary elections).
Accomplishment of the set perspective task of full automation of process of elections is possible on condition of the solution of set of problems of organizational and technical nature, such as reasons for modern system of automation of all electoral processes, identification of citizens in electronic electoral system, universal implementation of the procedure of the digital signature, forming at citizens of the Republic of Moldova of skills of wide use of information technologies, etc.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.