Joint statement of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic K. Bakiyev and President of the Republic of Tajikistan E. Rahmon
of May 16, 2008
By the invitation of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan E. Rahmon the President of the Kyrgyz Republic K. Bakiyev made on May 16, 2008 working visit to Khujand of the Republic of Tajikistan.
During the meeting and negotiations of the Head of two states (daleestorona),
- relying on centuries-old traditions of friendship, neighborliness and community of destinies of the people of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan,
- in view of the Joint statement of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic K. Bakiyev and the President of the Republic of Tajikistan E. Rahmon about further deepening of friendship between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan of September 18, 2007,
- attaching importance to the reached agreements on maintenance of regular contacts at the highest and high levels,
- proceeding from importance of forming of qualitatively new relations,
- having comprehensively discussed all questions of the agenda of meeting,
declared the following:
1. The parties establish Interstate Coordination Council of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan and Council of Foreign Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan.
2. The parties noted that legal registration of the Kyrgyz-Tajik frontier is equitable to radical interests of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan in further strengthening of the bilateral relations, is powerful factor in ensuring regional security and stability.
The parties emphasized importance of acceleration of work of the Intergovernmental commission on delimitation and demarcation of frontier and charged to heads of the Kyrgyz and Tajik parts of the Intergovernmental commission:
- resolve matters of argument by description of the line of border in the spirit of friendship between two states, mutual understanding and trust,
- accelerate question of legal registration of the line of border between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan,
- carry out negotiation process most effectively and actively.
For the purpose of non-admission of the conflicts on economic questions in border areas of two states Presidents of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan charged to the governments of the states to approve and sign the Intergovernmental agreement about prohibition of economic activity along the line of state border before completion of its delimitation and demarcation, and also the Intergovernmental agreement about lease of pastures in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic.
For the operational solution of the arising questions of problem nature, the Parties agreed about formation of joint administrative groups of border areas.
3. The parties agreed that energy security of their countries is the purpose which shall be reached by means of proper policy and actions in context of both bilateral, and multi-lateral international treaties between the states of Central Asia.
In this regard Presidents emphasized importance of permanent coordination and coordination of hydro-electric policy of two states and came to consensus about need of the order to the relevant departments and the power companies of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan:
- perform mutually electrical supplies depending on need and seasonal needs,
- realize projects on power line construction for subsequent deliveries of the electric power to the third countries through the territories of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan,
- make the maximum common efforts for signing of the 4-sided Intergovernmental Protocol on use of hydro-electric resources of the Naryn-Syr Darya cascade of water storage basins for 2008-2010,
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.