of July 9, 1999 No. 275-Z
It is accepted by the House of Representatives on June 2, 1999
Approved by Council of the Republic on June 24, 1999
* Parts of Articles and notes (except for having one part) in this Code are numbered by the Arab figures with point, Items of parts of Articles - the Arab figures with bracket.
1. Criminal code of the Republic of Belarus determines what socially dangerous acts are crimes, fixes the bases and conditions of criminal liability, establishes punishments and other measures of criminal liability which can be applied to the persons who committed crimes, and also enforcement powers of safety and treatment concerning the persons who made socially dangerous acts.
2. This Code is the single penal statute existing in the territory of the Republic of Belarus. The new laws providing criminal liability are subject to inclusion in this Code.
3. The criminal code of the Republic of Belarus is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus and the conventional principles and rules of international law.
The criminal code of the Republic of Belarus has task protection of the world and safety of mankind, person, its rights and freedoms, property, the rights of legal entities, the environment, public and state interests, the constitutional system of the Republic of Belarus, and also the established law and order from criminal encroachments. The criminal code of the Republic of Belarus promotes the prevention of criminal encroachments, education of citizens in the spirit of compliance with law of the Republic of Belarus.
1. Criminal liability in the Republic of Belarus is based on the principles of legality, equality of citizens before the law, inevitability of responsibility, personal guilty liability, justice and humanity.
2. Nobody can be found guilty of crime execution and will subject to criminal liability differently as according to the court verdict and according to the law. Crime of act, its punishability and other criminal consequence in law are determined only by this Code. Norma Kodeksa are subject to strict interpretation. Application of the penal statute by analogy is not allowed.
3. Persons who committed crimes are equal before the law and races, nationalities, language, origin, property and official capacity, the residence, the relation to religion, beliefs, belonging to public associations, and also other circumstances are subject to criminal liability irrespective of floor.
4. Each person found guilty of crime execution is subject to punishment or other measures of criminal liability. Release from criminal liability or punishment is allowed only in the cases provided by this Code.
5. Person is subject to criminal liability only for those socially dangerous actions (failure to act) and the come socially dangerous effects provided by this Code made by it concerning which his guilt, that is intention or imprudence is ascertained. Criminal liability for innocent damnification is not allowed.
6. Punishment and other measures of criminal liability shall be fair, that is to be established and appointed taking into account nature and degree of public danger of crime, circumstances of its making and the identity of the guilty person. Nobody can bear criminal liability twice for the same crime.
7. The criminal code serves ensuring physical, mental, material, ecological and other safety of the person. To person who committed crime the penalty or other measure of criminal liability necessary and sufficient for its correction shall be imposed. Punishment and other measures of criminal liability do not aim at causing physical sufferings or humiliation of human dignity.
1. For the purposes of uniform and exact application of the terms used in this Code their following determinations are accepted.
2. Are understood as close relatives, family members and relatives:
1) close relatives are the parents, children, adoptive parents adopted (adopted) brothers and sisters, the grandfather, the grandma, grandsons, the spouse (spouse) of the victim or person who committed crime or the same relatives of the spouse of the victim or person who committed crime;
2) family members are the close relatives, other relatives, disabled dependents and other persons living jointly and conducting general economy with the victim or person who committed crime;
3) relatives are close relatives and members of the family of the victim or person who committed crime or other persons whom the victim or person who committed crime reasonably recognize as the relatives.
3. The citizen if other is not stipulated, is understood as the citizen of the Republic of Belarus, the foreign citizen and the stateless person.
4. Are understood as officials:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.