of July 31, 1998 No. 146-FZ
Accepted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on July 16, 1998
Approved by Council of the Russian Federation on July 17, 1998
1. The legislation of the Russian Federation on taxes and fees consists of of this Code and the Federal Laws on taxes, charges, insurance premiums adopted according to it.
2. This Code installs system of taxes and fees, insurance premiums and the principles of taxation by insurance premiums, and also the general principles of the taxation and charges in the Russian Federation, including:
1) types of tax and the charges levied in the Russian Federation;
2) the origin bases (changes, the terminations) and procedure for fulfillment of duties on tax payment and charges;
3) the principles of establishment, enforcement and cancellation of earlier imposed taxes of subjects of the Russian Federation and the local taxes;
4) the rights and obligations of taxpayers, tax authorities and other participants of the relations regulated by the legislation on taxes and fees;
5) forms and methods of tax control;
6) responsibility for making of tax offenses;
7) procedure for appeal of acts of tax authorities and actions (failure to act) of their officials.
3. Action of this Code extends to the relations on establishment, introduction and collection of charges, insurance premiums when it is directly provided by this Code.
4. The legislation of subjects of the Russian Federation on taxes and fees consists of the laws of the subjects of the Russian Federation on taxes adopted according to this Code.
5. Regulatory legal acts of municipalities about the local taxes and charges are accepted by representative bodies of municipalities according to this Code.
7. Introduction of amendments to the legislation of the Russian Federation on taxes and fees, and also suspension, cancellation or recognition voided regulations of acts of the legislation of the Russian Federation on taxes and fees are performed by the separate Federal Laws and cannot be included in texts of the Federal Laws changing (stopping, canceling, recognizing voided) other legal acts of the Russian Federation or containing independent subject of legal regulation.
8. By the Federal Laws carrying out during the limited period of time in the territory of one or several subjects of the Russian Federation, municipalities of experiments on establishment of taxes, charges, special tax regimes can be provided.
The legal relationship arising during the specified experiments are regulated by the legislation on taxes and fees taking into account the features established by the Federal Laws on carrying out experiments.
During experiment, but not later than six months before its termination Government of the Russian Federation represents to the State Duma of Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation the report on efficiency (inefficiency) of the made experiment, and also the offer on its prolongation, on establishment by this Code of the corresponding tax, collection, special tax regime or about the termination of such experiment.
1. The legislation on taxes and fees governs the imperious relations on establishment, introduction and collection of taxes, charges, insurance premiums in the Russian Federation, and also the relations arising in the course of implementation of tax control, appeal of acts of tax authorities, actions (failure to act) of their officials and accountability for making of tax offense.
2. On establishment, introduction and collection of customs payments, and also to the relations arising in the course of control of customs payment, appeal of acts of customs authorities, actions (failure to act) of their officials and accountability of perpetrators, the legislation on taxes and fees is not applied to the relations if other is not provided by this Code.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.