of March 28, 1998 No. 53-FZ
About conscription and military service
Accepted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on March 6, 1998
Approved by Council of the Russian Federation on March 12, 1998
This Federal Law performs legal regulation in the field of conscription and military service for the purpose of realization by citizens of the Russian Federation of the constitutional debt and obligation on protection of the Fatherland, and also legal regulation of revenues to military service and military service in the Russian Federation of foreign citizens.
1. The conscription of citizens of the Russian Federation (further - citizens) provides:
obligatory preparation for military service;
passing of military service;
stay in inventory;
appeal on military charges and passing of military charges during stay in inventory.
2. During mobilization, in the period of warlike situation and in wartime the conscription of citizens is determined by the Federal constitutional Laws, the Federal Laws, other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation and also provides:
conscription on mobilization, in the period of warlike situation and in wartime;
passing of military service during mobilization, in the period of warlike situation and in wartime;
military training in the period of warlike situation and in wartime.
3. Citizens are exempted from execution of conscription only on the bases provided by this Federal Law.
4. Citizens have the right to perform the constitutional debt on protection of the Fatherland by voluntary revenues to military service according to the procedure, established by this Federal Law.
5. Citizens have the right to replacement of military service with alternative civil service according to the Constitution of the Russian Federation and the Federal Law.
6. Execution by citizens of conscription is provided within the competence by public authorities, other state bodies, local government bodies and the organizations irrespective of legal forms and patterns of ownership (further - the organizations) and their officials.
7. Compensation for expenses, suffered by the organizations and citizens in connection with execution of this Federal Law, is payment commitment of the Russian Federation and is performed according to the procedure, determined by the Government of the Russian Federation.
1. Military service - special type of the Federal State Service performed by the citizens who do not have nationality (citizenship) of foreign state in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and in troops of national guard of the Russian Federation (further also - other troops), in rescue military forming of the federal executive body authorized on the solution of tasks in the field of civil defense (further - military forming), Russian Foreign Intelligence Service, bodies of the Federal Security Service, bodies of the state protection, bodies of military prosecutor's office, military investigating authorities of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation and federal body of ensuring mobilization preparation of public authorities of the Russian Federation (further - bodies), military divisions of Federal fire service and the special forming created on wartime, and citizens, having nationality (citizenship) of foreign state, and foreign citizens - in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and military forming.
2. Passing of military service is performed:
citizens - at the call of and in voluntary procedure (under the contract);
foreign citizens - under the contract on the military positions which are subject to substitution by soldiers, sailors, sergeants and foremen in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and military forming.
3. Citizens (foreign citizens) passing military service are military personnel and have the status established by the Federal Law.
4. Citizens (foreign citizens) passing military service are subject to obligatory state dactyloscopic registration in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
5. Data on the military personnel are entered in their personal records and documents of military accounting which maintaining and storage are performed according to the procedure, established by legislative and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.