of March 10, 2006 No. 57-XVI
About grapes and wine
The parliament adopts this organic law.
(1) This law determines legal, economic and social basis in the sector of grape pitomnikovodstvo, wine growing and winemaking, governs the relations in the field of production, conversion and realization of material for reproduction of grapes and grape planting stock, commodity grapes of table and technical varieties, grape wine and other products based on must and wine, the secondary products of winemaking and products received as a result of conversion of secondary products of winemaking.
(2) the Purpose of this law are:
a) protection of economic interests of the state and society in the sector of grape pitomnikovodstvo, wine growing and winemaking;
b) creation of proper conditions for production of commodity grapes, grape wine and other products based on must and wine;
c) equating with the international requirements in the grape and wine-making sector;
d) strengthening of image of the Republic of Moldova as the countries with grape and wine-making traditions and increase in export of high-quality wines;
e) the prevention and suppression of falsification of grape wine and other products based on must and wine;
f) increase in culture of consumption of wine.
(3) Subjects of the relations regulated by this law are the physical persons and legal entities irrespective of type of property and form of business performing activities in the sector of grape pitomnikovodstvo, wine growing and winemaking.
(4) Operation of this law does not extend to the relations concerning:
a) productions and realization of ethyl alcohol and hard alcoholic beverages not of grape origin;
b) productions of grape and wine-making products the population in the subsidiary farms for family (personal) consumption;
c) productions of grape vinegar.
(5) It is excluded.
(6) If international treaties in the sector of grape pitomnikovodstvo, wine growing and winemaking, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova, other provisions than provided present by the law are established, provisions of international treaties are applied.
For the purpose of this law the following concepts are used:
grape and wine-making area - the geographical territory of cultivation of grapes which is characterized by certain ecological conditions, cultivation methods, the directions of use of grapes, acceptances of winemaking, specific traditions of cultivation and production;
the wine-making company - the physical person or legal entity performing at least one of the following types of activity: production, storage, retail sale of wines, products received on the basis of must, and products received on the basis of wine;
the small producer of wine - the wine-making company making up to 100 000 liters of wine annually, owning at least than 1 hectare and no more than 20 hectares of vineyards and independent from the legal point of view from any other wine-making company;
grape nursery - the production unit performing activities for receipt of material for reproduction of grapes and grape planting stock;
grape shkolka - the site of ploughland intended for rooting of material for reproduction of grapes and receipt of grape planting stock;
material for reproduction of grapes - the parts of vegetative bodies of grapes (rods, escapes, kidneys) intended for reproduction;
grape planting stock - the vaccinated and scion-rooted plants used for laying of grape plantings;
grape planting - the agricultural site set with grapes;
production grape planting - the planting intended for receipt of the bunches used fresh for conversion and on drying;
matochnik of stock - the special planting intended for production by subwar of rod (podvoyny shanks);
matochnik of scion - the special planting intended for production of privoyny rod;
commodity grape planting - grape planting by the square over 0,15 of hectare which products are intended for realization;
ecological wine growing - the system of cultivation providing development and preserving productive biological systems without use of synthetic chemicals;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.