of August 3, 2006 No. PP-433
About additional measures for further development of system of clearing settlements on the basis of plastic cards
As a result of implementation of complex measures for expansion of system of clearing settlements in the republic more than 3 million pieces of plastic cards are released, in trade organizations and service industry about 12 thousand terminals or with growth against the level of 2004 more than by 8 times are established.
The Single all-republican processing center allowing to perform in the single mode banking activities with use of plastic cards in all outlets irrespective of in what bank they are served is formed. The Interbank payment service provider of clearing settlements according to plastic cards which includes 18 commercial banks of the republic is created. Also the regulatory framework is created necessary for carrying out clearing settlements using plastic cards legislative. Number of domestic enterprises masters production of bank microprocessor plastic cards and payment terminals.
At the same time, the system of clearing settlements in retail trade and services industry of the population did not gain due development yet. Work on implementation of various discount, bonus and prize-winning projects on stimulation of use of the plastic cards creating conditions for customer acquisition, the growth in volumes of sales of products and the rendered services conforming to international standards of field service of the population is insufficiently conducted.
For the purpose of further development of system of clearing settlements on the basis of plastic cards, reducing extra bank turnover of cash, production incentive in the republic of bank microprocessor plastic cards and payment terminals:
1. Determine that legal entities on production of bank microprocessor plastic cards and payment terminals till January 1, 2020 are exempted from customs payment (except for charges for customs clearance) when importing raw materials, the account and completing materials, the software and licenses necessary for production of bank microprocessor plastic cards, payment terminals, ATMs, self-service terminals and other equipment used for calculations by means of plastic cards.
2. To resolve Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Single all-republican processing center the production organization and implementation of bank plastic cards only on condition of ensuring proper quality and high degree of protection excluding possibility of their counterfeit.
3. To the Ministry of Economics, the Ministry of Finance, the Central bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan together with NHK "Uzbekneftegaz" and the companies for production of bank microprocessor plastic cards and payment terminals to make in the Cabinet of Ministers specific proposals on localization of production of plastic cards and terminals based on local raw materials and materials in a month.
4. Banking associations of Uzbekistan together with commercial banks to organize in Bank and financial academy and Regional banking training center short-term training courses on card technologies and electronic payments, and also to regularly carry out the explanatory and advertizing work directed to increase in appeal of plastic cards to the population through mass media.
5. Recommend to commercial banks to create together with the interested organizations and the companies during 2006-2007 extensive network of the electronic payment and help terminals of mass self-service (self-service terminals) allowing to make round the clock payments with use of plastic cards in the automated mode.
6. To Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokimiyats of areas and Tashkent together with the relevant ministries, departments, economic associations, Banking association of Uzbekistan and commercial banks:
take additional measures for implementation in trade and service companies of various incentive discount and bonus projects, to increase in quantity of the objects equipped with terminals on acceptance of payments from plastic cards;
perform permanent monitoring of availability in all trade and service companies equipped with terminals on acceptance of payments from plastic cards, logo of Interbank payment service provider "UZKART", having paid special attention on operability of terminals and trouble-free acceptance of payments from plastic cards.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.