of May 13, 2019 No. 216
About approval of the Doctrine of energy security of the Russian Federation
For the purpose of ensuring energy security of the Russian Federation I decide:
1. Approve the enclosed Doctrine of energy security of the Russian Federation.
2. Recognize the energy security of the Russian Federation which voided to Doktrin, approved as the President of the Russian Federation on November 29, 2012 No. Pr-3167.
President of the Russian Federation
Approved by the Presidential decree of the Russian Federation of May 13, 2019 No. 216
1. This Doctrine is the document of strategic planning in the field of ensuring national security of the Russian Federation (further - homeland security) in which official views of ensuring energy security of the Russian Federation are reflected (further - energy security).
2. The legal basis of this Doctrine is constituted by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Federal constitutional Laws, the Federal Laws, regulatory legal acts of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation.
3. In this Doctrine provisions of Strategy of homeland security of the Russian Federation, the Strategy of economic safety of the Russian Federation for the period till 2030, the Strategy of scientific technology development of the Russian Federation, Bases of state policy of the Russian Federation in the field of industrial safety for the period till 2025 and further perspective, and also other documents of strategic planning in the field of ensuring national security are concretized and develop.
4. In this Doctrine the following basic concepts are used:
a) energy security - condition of security of economy and the population of the country from threats of homeland security in the field of power in case of which accomplishment of stipulated by the legislation requirements of the Russian Federation to fuel - and to power supply of consumers, and also accomplishment of export contracts and international obligations of the Russian Federation is provided;
b) subjects of energy security - federal bodies of the government, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies, the organizations of fuel and energy complex and the organization performing activities in allied industries of economy, realizing complex of the legal, political, organizational, information, production and other measures directed to risk management in the field of energy security and response to challenges and threats of energy security;
c) threat of energy security - set of the conditions and factors creating possibility of causing damage to power industry of the Russian Federation;
d) challenge of energy security - set of the conditions and factors creating new incentives for development of world power or the new directions of its development but also capable to lead to emergence of threat of energy security;
e) risk in the field of energy security - possibility of development of challenge of energy security into threat, realization of threat of energy security or approach of other circumstances exerting negative impact on condition of energy security depending on actions or failure to act of subjects of energy security.
5. The power industry of the Russian Federation which fundamentals is fuel and energy complex makes the significant contribution to homeland security and social and economic development of the country. Fuel and energy complex of the Russian Federation includes oil, gas, coal and peat industries, power industry and heat supply, plays key role in forming of the income of budget system of the Russian Federation.
6. Russia is among world leaders on inventories of hydrocarbonic raw material, production volumes and export of energy resources, and also on development, use and export of technologies of nuclear power. The Russian energy infrastructure which basis is constituted by Power pool system of Russia, the Unified gas supply system, system of bulk distribution lines for oil transportation and oil products is one of the most extended in the world and functions in different climatic conditions: from Arctic to subtropical zone.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.