of March 18, 2019 No. 1
About the Concept of information security of the Republic of Belarus
The Security Council of the Republic of Belarus decides:
1. Approve the Concept of information security of the Republic of Belarus it (is applied).
2. To state bodies and other organizations in practical activities to be guided by provisions of the Concept of information security of the Republic of Belarus.
3. To the state secretary of the Security Council of the Republic of Belarus to reflect results of implementation of the Concept of information security of the Republic of Belarus in the annual report to the President of the Republic of Belarus about condition of homeland security and measures for its strengthening.
President of the Republic of Belarus
Approved by the Resolution of the Security Council of the Republic of Belarus of March 18, 2019 No. 1
1. At present stage of world development the information sphere acquires key value for the modern person, society, the state and exerts comprehensive impact on the happening economic, political and social processes in the countries and regions. As a result of increase in saturation and dynamics of the public relations, world and regional events, growth of general intellectual potential information needs of people considerably increase.
The information society created on a global scale represents new stage of development of civilization with dominance of knowledge and information, impact of information technologies on all spheres of human activities. Cardinally the role of information technologies in realization of the rights and freedoms of citizens raises.
The industry of telecommunication became one of the most dynamic and perspective spheres of world economy. National economic interests and perspectives of investments contact informatization processes more and more.
2. At the same time transformation of society in information society generates new risks, challenges and threats which directly raise the questions of ensuring national security, including security of information space, information infrastructure, information systems and resources.
3. Forming in the Republic of Belarus of the information society providing availability of information, distribution and use of knowledge to forward and progressive development is considered as national priority and nation-wide task.
4. Relevance and value of the Concept of information security of the Republic of Belarus (further - the Concept) are caused by the following factors:
increase in the importance of forming of information society in the Republic of Belarus, its role in social and economic development of Belarus as sovereign and independent state, safety of realization of national strategy and plans of creation of digital economy and scientific and technical progress in general;
need of subject and comprehensively conscious protection of the national interests for the information sphere determined by the Concept of homeland security of the Republic of Belarus, generalization practically and evidence-based views of ensuring information security, specification and disaggregation of approaches to these activities;
need of consideration of information security as the isolated phenomenon and normative institute, and also legal fixing of bases of state policy on protection of national interests in the information sphere;
forming of the new sphere of the public relations on ensuring information security;
importance of improvement of coordination and controllability of activities of the subjects involved in development of the information sphere and ensuring its safety, steady and consecutive functioning of mechanisms of risk response, challenges and threats of information security;
need of informing citizens, and also the international community about the views of the sphere of information security and priorities of its providing accepted in the Republic of Belarus;
integration of Belarus into system of the international information security, importance of increase in conceptual and technological compatibility and synchronization of the purposes and tasks of national system of ensuring information security with corresponding systems of other states and organizations.
5. The concept represents system of official views of essence and content of ensuring national security in the information sphere, determines strategic tasks and priorities in the field of ensuring information security.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.