of February 1, 2019 No. 74
About approval of the General technical regulation about tobacco products
According to the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "About technical regulation", and also for the purpose of establishment of single requirements to safety of tobacco and tobacco products the Cabinet of Ministers decides:
1. Approve the General technical regulation about tobacco products and the scheme of its implementation according to appendices No. No. 1 and 2.
Enact the General technical regulation about tobacco products after twelve months from the date of its official publication.
2. Take into consideration that according to requirements of the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "About technical regulation" with enforcement of technical regulations the accepted earlier regulating documents on standardization on products specified in them and services lose binding character and acquire voluntariness of application in accordance with the established procedure.
3. To the Uzstandart agency together with authorized state bodies to take measures for cancellation of binding character and ensuring voluntariness in case of application of regulating documents on standardization of tobacco and tobacco products from the date of enforcement of the General technical regulation approved by this resolution in accordance with the established procedure.
4. To provide to HK "Uzbekozikovkatholding", the Uzstandart Agency together with National broadcasting company of Uzbekistan broad informing the population, bodies of the public and economic board, subjects of business activity about the purposes, content and procedure for application of the General technical regulation about tobacco products.
5. To impose control of execution of this resolution on the Secretariat concerning development fuel and energy and key branches of the industry of the Cabinet of Ministers and the chairman of the board of HK "Uzbekozikovkatholding" T. A. Zhalilov.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Appendix No. 1
to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan of February 1, 2019 No. 74
1. This General technical regulation (further - the Technical regulation) establishes mandatory requirements to tobacco products for the purpose of the prevention of the actions misleading acquirers concerning their appointment and safety.
2. Requirements of the Technical regulation extend to the tobacco products specified in appendix No. 1 to the Technical regulation.
3. Requirements of the Technical regulation do not extend to tobacco products:
intended for realization for export or following en route through the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
imported by legal entities and physical persons, including foreign, without intention of its subsequent realization for own needs or as exhibition models, test pieces and carrying out marketing researches;
made by physical persons for personal use without intention of its subsequent realization.
4. The tobacco products are released in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan in case of its compliance to requirements of the Technical regulation.
If in other Technical regulations requirements for separate types of tobacco products are established, then these types of tobacco products shall conform to requirements of all technical regulations which action extends to them.
5. In the Technical regulation the following terms and determinations are used:
the block - unit of group consumer pack containing certain number of consumer packagings with tobacco products;
the warranty period of storage - fixed term of storage of tobacco products (in months) during which the manufacturer (importer) guarantees and provides compliance of tobacco products to requirements of the Technical regulation in case of observance of storage conditions;
the manufacturer - the legal entity, including the foreign manufacturer who performs on its own behalf production or production and realization of tobacco products and meets for its compliance the requirements of the Technical regulation;
the importer - the legal entity - the resident of the Republic of Uzbekistan who signed the import contract with the nonresident of the Republic of Uzbekistan for import of tobacco products for the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and also enabling the realization of tobacco products and bearing responsibility for its compliance to requirements of the Technical regulation;
ingredient - the substance (except for tobacco leaf and other parts of tobacco) used in case of production of tobacco products and which is present at finished tobacco products including in the changed form;
smoking tobacco products - the tobacco products intended for smoking;
the licensor - the legal entity or physical person having rights to the trademark, granting right to use of such trademark based on the license agreement;
the medical prevention - information on negative impact of the use of tobacco products on health of the person which is placed on consumer packaging of tobacco products;
the name of tobacco products (brand) - the designation of tobacco products appropriated by the manufacturer;
not smoking tobacco products - the tobacco products intended for sucking, chewing, shuffing;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.