of January 28, 2019 No. 19
About protection of persons who reported about corruption offenses
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on December 20, 2018
This Law is directed to protection of the rights and freedoms of citizens, ensuring protection of persons who reported about corruption offenses against prosecution, establishes legal and organizational basis of data protection of persons, and also is directed to building confidence of the population in the state and its structures.
The legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on protection of persons who reported about corruption offenses is based on the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic which came in the procedure established by the law into force of international treaties which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic, and also the conventional principles and rules of international law.
Operation of this Law extends to persons who reported about corruption offenses which messages received confirmation during check.
1. The bodies providing the state protection are:
1) the bodies making the decision on implementation of the state protection;
2) the bodies performing security measures.
2. The decision on implementation of the state protection is made by court (judge), the prosecutor, the chief of body of inquiry or the investigator in which production there is statement (message) on crime or criminal case.
3. Implementation of security measures is assigned to law-enforcement bodies, homeland security, criminal executive system, on fight against economic crimes on the criminal cases which are in their production or referred to their maintaining and also to other state bodies to which implementation of separate security measures can be assigned according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. Security measures concerning protected persons on the criminal cases which are in production of court or prosecutor's office are performed by a court decision (judges) or to the resolution of the prosecutor by law-enforcement bodies, homeland security, criminal executive system, on fight against the economic crimes located in the location of the protected person.
5. Security measures concerning protected persons from among the military personnel are performed also by command of the relevant military units and higher command.
6. Security measures concerning the protected persons which are containing in pre-trial detention centers or being in correctional facilities are performed also by organizations and bodies of criminal executive system of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The principles of protection of persons who reported about corruption offenses are:
1) legality, respect of rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
2) creation of conditions for forming in the society of the atmosphere of intolerance to corruption manifestations;
3) providing guarantees from illegal intervention in professional (labor) activity of persons who reported about corruption offenses from office prosecution;
4) responsibility of the persons which opened information on persons, who reported about the facts of corruption offenses;
5) warning of harmful effects of corruption offenses.
1. Information on person who reported about the fact of corruption offenses can be secret only after confirmation of the data stated in the application.
The classification shall be made according to the statement of the protected person or from its consent.
The procedure for classification is established according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on protection of the state secrets.
In the cases provided by part 1 of article 7 of this Law, authorized bodies ensure personal security of persons who reported about corruption offenses.
2. Preserving secret about person who reported about corruption offenses is provided with authorized state bodies.
3. According to the decision of the body performing security measures the ban on issue of data on the protected person from the state and other directory funds can be imposed, and also numbers of its phones and the state registration signs of the vehicles used by it or belonging to it can be changed.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.