of August 3, 2018 No. 283-FZ
About state registration of vehicles in the Russian Federation and about modification of separate legal acts of the Russian Federation
Accepted by the State Duma on July 25, 2018
Approved by the Federation Council on July 28, 2018
This Federal Law determines legal and organizational bases, the purposes of state registration of vehicles, the rights and obligations of participants of the relations arising in connection with state registration of vehicles, except for the relations, arising in connection with state registration of self-propelled machines and other types of the equipment, and also the relations arising in connection with state registration of vehicles, self-propelled machines, military, special and other types of the equipment, pilot (test) samples of arms, the military and special equipment military automobile inspections of federal executive bodies in which the Federal Law provides military service (further - military automobile inspections).
The legal basis of state registration of vehicles are the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the conventional principles and rules of international law, the international agreements of the Russian Federation, the legislation of the Russian Federation on information, information technologies and on information security, this Federal Law, other Federal Laws adopted according to them other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation.
In the Russian Federation state registration of vehicles is performed for the purpose of:
1) state accounting of vehicles;
2) ensuring execution of the legislation of the Russian Federation governing the relations arising in connection with operation of vehicles, and also the legislation of the Russian Federation governing other relations.
For the purposes of this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the vehicle owner - the owner of the vehicle (except for person under the age of of sixteen years or recognized incapacitated), or person owning the vehicle on the right of economic maintaining, on the right of operational management or based on the agreement of leasing or one of parents, the adoptive father or the guardian (custodian) of person under the age of of sixteen years, being the owner of the vehicle, or the guardian of the incapacitated citizen who is the owner of the vehicle;
2) state registration of the vehicle - set of registration actions and other actions according to this Federal Law;
3) vehicle identification - the establishment of identity of vehicle identification number or identification number of main component of the vehicle which is carried out without dismantling of the vehicle (body, frame, cabin, the landing gear) and the data containing in the document identifying the vehicle or in the electronic passport of the vehicle (the electronic passport of the vehicle chassis);
4) trail car (semitrailer truck) - the non-self-propelled device which is designed and manufactured for its towage by the vehicle;
5) the registration document - the document containing data on the state accounting of the vehicle, registration data of the vehicle and other data established by registering body;
6) registering body - the federal executive body performing functions on development and realization of state policy and normative legal regulation in the field of internal affairs;
7) the vehicle - the land self-propelled device of categories "L", "M", "N" on wheel to the course with engine power of (engines) more than 4 kilowatts or with the maximum constructive speed more than 50 kilometers per hour, intended for transportation of people, loads or the equipment installed on it and also trail car (semitrailer truck).
The state accounting of the vehicles belonging to the legal entities, individual entrepreneurs registered in the Russian Federation or the physical persons registered at the place of residence or in the place of stay in the Russian Federation and also in other cases established by this Federal Law is obligatory.
1. Vehicles, including the basic vehicles and landing gears of vehicles ferried to final producers or in connection with export out of the limits of the territory of the Russian Federation, vehicles which are pilot (test) samples, and in cases and procedure which are established by the Government of the Russian Federation, other vehicles are subject to the state accounting.
2. Requirements of part of 1 this Article do not extend to the vehicles which are the goods realized by the legal entity or the individual entrepreneur performing trading activity.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.