of May 14, 2018
About international treaties of the Eurasian Economic Union with the third states, the international organizations or the international integration associations
The state members of the Eurasian Economic Union which further are referred to as with state members
Confirming aspiration to further strengthening of mutually beneficial and equal economic cooperation with the third states, the international organizations or the international integration associations,
confirming commitment to the conventional principles and rules of international law,
agreed as follows:
This agreement determines procedure for the conclusion, the termination and suspension of action of international treaties of the Eurasian Economic Union (further – the Union) with the third states, the international organizations or the international integration associations (further – the third party) concerning which regulation subject the Union is allocated with necessary competence according to the Agreement on the Eurasian Economic Union of May 29, 2014 and international treaties within the Union (further – the international agreements).
The order of interaction of state members and the Euroasian economic commission (further – the Commission) in case of the conclusion the Union of international treaties (further – order of interaction) is determined by Council of the Commission.
1. The offer on the conclusion of the international treaty can be made by state member, the member of council of the Commission or the third party.
The board of the Commission can appeal in accordance with the established procedure to members of council of the Commission about initiation of question of the conclusion of the international treaty.
2. The offer on the conclusion of the international treaty in writing goes to the Commission.
3. The chairman of Board of the Commission informs the governments of state members on receipt of such offer in time, determined according to the procedure of interaction.
4. State members study the offer on the conclusion of the international treaty, hold in case of need consultations and inform in writing the Commission on the line items in time, determined according to the procedure of interaction.
Summary information on line items of state members goes the Commission to state members in time, determined according to the procedure of interaction.
1. In case of the consent of all state members with feasibility of further review of the offer on the conclusion of the international treaty Commission provides consideration of the specified question within the relevant consultative bodies under Board of the Commission and carries out the preliminary analysis of economic feasibility of the conclusion of the international treaty taking into account line items of state members, information on which is provided according to item 4 of Article 2 of this agreement.
2. In the absence of the consent of one or several state members with feasibility of further review of the offer on the conclusion of the international treaty which arrived from the third party, the Commission informs on line item of the Union the third party by the direction of the corresponding answer which is previously approved with state members.
3. Following the results of holding actions, stipulated in Item 1 this Article, the Board of the Commission according to Regulations of work of the Euroasian economic commission provides preparation of the materials including including the research opinion about feasibility of the conclusion of the international treaty, for consideration of the Commission by Council. Materials join also (in the presence) the text of the international treaty or the draft of the international treaty (with transfer into working language of bodies of the Union) or its conceptual provisions, except for the case specified in paragraph three of item 4 of this Article.
4. Conceptual provisions of the draft of the international treaty, as a rule, include the provisions concerning main objectives and tasks of the conclusion of the international treaty, the main questions which are subject to settlement in the international treaty.
Preparation of conceptual provisions of the draft of the international treaty is performed by the Commission together with state members, including based on results of consultations with the third party (in case of their carrying out).
In case of consideration of question of the conclusion of the international treaty in understanding of Item 8 of article XXIV of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade of 1994 conceptual provisions of the draft of the international treaty prepare within joint research group on studying of feasibility of the conclusion of the international treaty (further – joint research group) and are submitted for review of the Commission by Council as it is specified in Item 6 of Article 6 of this agreement.
5. The research opinion specified in Item 3 of this Article shall contain:
a) data on expected economic effects of the conclusion of the international treaty, including data on possible benefits and risks for the state members connected with the conclusion of such agreement;
b) information on possible closing dates of the international treaty;
c) data on intention of the third party concerning the conclusion of the international treaty.
6. In need of refining of the data specified in the subitem "v" of Item 5 of this Article, the Commission after approval of the specified question within the relevant consultative body under Board of the Commission holds preliminary consultations with the third party.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.