Unofficial translation. (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of April 9, 2018 No. ZR-144
About Public council
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on March 7, 2018
1. The public council is consultative body of the Government according to article 161 of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia.
2. Activities of Public council are based on the principle of voluntariness.
1. Tasks of Public council are:
To represent 1) interests of different sectors of society in development and realization of policy;
2) to promote participation of civil society in processes of public administration, including to represent to the Government of the offer on priorities of policy of development of civil society;
3) to promote forming of mutual trust, dialogue and partnership between the government, bodies of system of public administration and institutes of civil society;
4) to reveal public opinion on questions of social significance, including on the laws and other regulatory legal acts, state programs, strategy, concepts and their projects;
5) to promote social dialogue between social partners (labor union, employers, the Government);
6) to promote combination of efforts of Armenians of Armenia and diaspora around general national tasks within the functions.
1. Public council for the purpose of realization of the tasks set for it according to the procedure, established by this Law and the charter of Public council:
1) according to the proposal of the Prime Minister:
and. will organize public hearings or discussions on the questions which are of public interest, and also connected with the most important spheres of public life;
. carries out public expertize of current laws and other regulatory legal acts, state programs, strategy, concepts and their projects and draws the conclusion, including offers on introduction of changes in them and amendments;
2) on own initiative:
and. performs the actions provided by the subitem "an" of Item of 1 part of 1 this Article;
. subjects to public examination the legal acts, drafts of legal acts and documents specified in the subitem "b" of Item of 1 part of 1 this Article and draws the conclusion if according to Public council they received or can receive public response;
carries out the analysis of other questions which received public response and also the problems lifted by the public century and draws the conclusion;
for the purpose of identification of the contradictions existing between interests and benefit of different sectors of society, giving importance to maintenance of social dialogue between social partners, will organize consultations or discussions with participation of all concerned parties, reporting about results to the Government.
2. For the purpose of contribution to effective dialogue between the Government and society Public council on the initiative, estimating need for each case, can appeal to the Prime Minister to provide participation of the representative of the Government in the actions specified in subitems "an" and "d" of Item 2 parts of 1 this Article.
3. In cases, stipulated in Item 1 and subitems "a", "b" and "v" of Item 2 parts of 1 this Article, Public council are represented by the conclusion to the Prime Minister who resolves issue of their further course.
4. The public council can enter the relevant international public organizations and perform international cooperation with bodies in the sphere connected with its activities.
1. The public council consists of 45 members.
2. Any person of 25 years who rendered services to the Republic of Armenia, holding authority on the public or professional sphere, and also having necessary skills for realization of the tasks set for Public council can become the member of Public council.
1) persons holding the political, managerial or autonomous positions serving armed forces, police, homeland security, prosecutor's office and investigating bodies, persons holding positions of the highest group provided by the nomenclature of positions of public service;
2) persons recognized as incapacitated or it is limited capable judicially;
3) persons condemned for crime whose criminal record is not removed or is not extinguished in accordance with the established procedure;
4) persons which did not undergo obligatory compulsory military service in violation of the law.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.