It is registered
Ministry of Justice
Republic of Tajikistan
On April 6, 2018 No. 18
of April 4, 2018 No. 1042
About the Concept of state policy of the Republic of Tajikistan in the sphere of religion
According to article 69 of the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan I decide:
1. Approve the Concept of state policy of the Republic of Tajikistan in the sphere of religion it (is applied).
2. To assign implementation of this Concept to Committee on cases of religion, streamlining of national traditions, celebrations and ceremonies under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.
3. To the ministries, departments, local authorities of the government, local government bodies of settlements and dekhot:
- carry out agitatsionno - explanatory works among the public on explanation of essence and the purposes of this document;
- provide information on accomplishment of this Concept in Committee on cases of religion, streamlining of national traditions, celebrations and ceremonies under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan no later than January 15 every year.
4. Realize this Concept within the provided means of the government budget and other sources which are not forbidden by the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan.
5. To committee on cases of religion, streamlining of national traditions, celebrations and ceremonies under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan by results of generalization of course of execution of this Concept to submit the report to the President of the Republic of Tajikistan no later than February 15 every year.
President of the Republic of Tajikistan
Approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Tajikistan of April 4, 2018 No. 1042
1. The concept of state policy of the Republic of Tajikistan in the sphere of religion (further - the Concept) determines and regulates the purposes, tasks and the priority directions of state policy of the Republic of Tajikistan in the sphere of religion taking into account national interests of the country.
2. State policy of the Republic of Tajikistan in the sphere of religion (further - state policy in the sphere of religion) is created on the basis of the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan, the international legal acts recognized by Tajikistan, the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan "About liberty of conscience both religious associations" and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Tajikistan, orders and manuals of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, also taking into account national and state interests of the Republic of Tajikistan as the secular state.
3. State policy in the sphere of religion is implemented on the basis of the secular ideas, liberty of conscience, religious liberty, religious pluralism, tolerance and respect for all religions and faiths, equalities of followers of all religions before the law.
4. Main objective of the Concept is establishment of long-term prospects for protection of religious rights and freedoms of man and citizen, development of bases of the secular state, distribution of tolerance and respect for all religions and faiths, safety, mutual understanding and consent in the religious circle of the country.
5. In the Concept the following basic concepts are used:
- faith (madhhab) - branch of any religion, including religious and legal schools;
- the state authorized body for religion the central executive body of the government of the Republic of Tajikistan performing state policy on ensuring right to liberty of conscience and religious liberty, to streamlining of traditions, celebrations and ceremonies, also coordinates the relations between the state and religious associations;
- religious practice - set of symbolical religious actions, performing individuals and group of persons, or legal thoughts;
- religious liberty - the right of each man and citizen freely and independently to choose, and to practise any religion, to participate in church services, departure of religious practices, in religious training;
- unacceptable proselytism - wrongful activity on involvement of people in religious consolidation with use of pressure, coercion or provision of unreliable information;
- religionism - the fanatical following to madhhab and belief recognized inadmissible;
- tolerance - perception without hostility of others feelings, opinions, the ideas, religions, customs and conduct of life to recognize the right to existence of other cultures and peaceful co-existence in polyconfessional society;
- religious radicalism - the religious ideology connected with religious changes in society and reasons for beliefs of use of violence for solutions of religious questions in society;
- missionary activities - propaganda in the propagandized religion for the purpose of the address of non-believers or representatives of other religions;
- priests - persons authorized by the corresponding religious consolidation for making of church service and religious practices;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.