Unofficial translation. (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of March 30, 2018 No. ZR-291
About the state protocol
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on March 23, 2018
1. This Law establishes the purposes of the state protocol in the Republic of Armenia, actions and procedures of the state protocol, legal seniority in the Republic of Armenia, procedure for financing of hospitality events in the Republic of Armenia and the status, tasks, powers of Service of the state protocol in the Republic of Armenia, and also governs other relations connected with the state protocol.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the state protocol - set of the general rules, national traditions and arrangements applied within the international intercourses of the Republic of Armenia;
2) legal seniority - seniority of the high-ranking officials of the Republic of Armenia by which the hierarchy of presence of each state body and its representative on interstate and international actions is determined;
3) the high-ranking delegations - the delegations headed by heads of foreign states, the governments, parliaments and departments of external relations, heads of the international organizations and officials authorized by them and other delegations arriving to the Republic of Armenia by the invitation of the president, Prime Minister, chairman of National assembly and the head of the body authorized in the sphere of foreign affairs;
4) diplomatic staff - personnel of diplomatic representations, consular establishments, the international organizations accredited in the Republic of Armenia to which the privileges and immunity provided by the Vienna conventions on the diplomatic and consular intercourses extend;
5) the principle of reciprocity - the principle of international law according to which, the states show the identical relation to each other in sense of hospitality events and legal procedures is provided by similar conditions and opportunities.
1. The purpose of the state protocol is ensuring single legal practice and the procedure, single application of legal rules in the Republic of Armenia and in the international intercourses of the Republic of Armenia.
1. Visits of the high-ranking delegations to the Republic of Armenia are state, official, working, private, and also visits as the personal guest and transit visits.
2. The state visit is the visit of Chapters of foreign states or the governments of political content of exclusive value which hospitality events on the organization are given emphasized solemnity and participation of the top-level Armenian side is provided.
3. Official visit is the visit of Chapters of foreign states, the governments, parliaments and departments on external relations aimed at the development of the bilateral relations which differs from the state visit in political content, format of participation and level of hospitality events.
4. Working visit is the visit of delegations of foreign states or officials of the international organizations with particular purpose, in particular, the visits organized for participation in negotiations, meetings, the international forums or other similar actions, carrying out working meetings, opening of national exhibitions.
5. Private visit is the visit of Chapter of foreign state, the government or parliament to the Republic of Armenia for the purpose of rest, treatment, and also by the invitation of the ambassador of this state or in the tourist purposes.
6. Visit as the personal guest is the visit of the head of state, the government or parliament during which the private program without any hospitality events can be provided.
7. Transit visit is the short-term visit of the head of state, the government or parliament to the Republic of Armenia for the purpose of departure to the third country.
1. Credential letters and withdrawals of heads of diplomatic missions of foreign states are accepted by the president of the Republic of Armenia.
2. Terms of delivery of credential letters by heads of the diplomatic accredited missions having the residence in the Republic of Armenia are determined for each separate case by mutual coordination.
3. Delivery of credential letters by heads of the diplomatic nonresident missions accredited in the Republic of Armenia happens on four times a year.
1. Messages and telegrams to Chapters of foreign states, the governments, parliaments, and also heads of the international organizations go the president of the Republic, the Prime Minister, the chairman of National assembly:
1) in connection with national holidays;
2) in connection with election or appointment of heads of foreign states, the governments and parliaments;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.